Sponsored by the Butler Police Association, and Country Mart, this annual event brings contestants and spectators. Proceeds to the Butler Police Association go to help the community with scholarships, children's athletics, drug sniffing dogs and other great things for the Butler community.
The 2009 Annual Bates County BBQ State Championship & Fall Festival paid over $8,300 for the BBQ Competition, this year they will be paying out at lease $8,300 to contestants.
Click here for an application to compete.
TOTAL PAYOUT OVER $8,000.00 !
BBQ Cook-off Scheduled Payouts
Grand Champion $1500
Reserve Grand Champion $750
To see the rest of the payouts for 2010 click here.
For Questions Call 660-679-6131 or e-mail email@example.com
For an entry form click here.
1. Candidate must be a resident of Bates County
2. Candidate must be single, never married
3. Candidate for Queen must be 16-21 years of age
4. Candidate for Princess must be 10-15 years of age
5. Candidate must register at the Butler Police Department. If Candidate is under the age 17 they must have parent or legal guardian present.
6. Both Queen and Princess Candidates will be judged by total raffle tickets, armbands and Motocross tickets sold.
7. Candidates are expected to make as many personal appearances during festival time to sell tickets, promote themselves and the festival.
8. All Raffle Tickets sales must be turned in October 30th by 12:00 (Noon).
9. All Candidates shall receive 15% of their own sales from raffle tickets and event tickets.
10. Crowning Ceremony will be October 30th at 4:00pm Center stage. Monetary payouts will be awarded at the crowning of the candidates.
If you have any questions please call 660-424-4151 or 660-227-9578.
Queen candidates must sell at least $750.00 in tickets to be eligible for the $500.00 scholarship.