The Midwest also offers wonderful hunting opportunities for all sorts of game. Probably the two most sought after species for Midwest hunters are deer and turkey.
The turkey and deer seasons start this year in Missouri with bow season on the 15th of September. Archers will be headed to their stands early on Wednesday morning hoping to catch a view of something tasty to take home for dinner.
For more information please visit the Missouri Conservation website.
Kansas Deer Season dates for 2010:
Youth and Disability Season Sept. 11- 19, 2010
Early Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 20 - Oct. 3, 2010
Archery Season: Sept. 20 - Dec. 31, 2010
Firearms Season: Dec. 1 - 12, 2010
Early Firearms Season: (DMU 19 ONLY) Oct. 9 - 17, 2010
Extended Whitetail Antlerless Season (STATEWIDE) : Jan. 1 - 9, 2011
Special Extended Whitetail Antlerless Season (Units 7,8, and 15 ONLY) : Jan. 10 - 16, 2011
Extended Archery Season (DMU 19 ONLY): Jan. 10 - 31, 2011
Kansas FALL TURKEY Season Dates for 2010:
- Archery/Shotgun : Oct. 1 - Nov.30, Dec. 13 - Dec. 31, 2010 and Jan. 10 - Jan. 31, 2011
- Fall Turkey Permits in Units 1, 2, and 3 and game tags for Unit 2 may be purchased over the counter at any license vendor from July 19 through Jan. 30, 2011.
- No permits authorized in Unit 4.
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
- Legal Equipment: Shotguns 20 gauge or larger using shot sizes 2-9; long, recurve or compound bows.
- Limit: Each hunter may obtain no more than one turkey permit and three turkey game tags. Residents and nonresidents who purchase a turkey permit may also purchase as many as three turkey game tags valid in Unit 2 only. Fall turkey permits and game tags are valid for both male and female turkeys.